This is an agreement between you and SecureFutures’ Money Coach Program. The purpose of this document is to clarify the expectations for participation in the Money Coach Program, where participants will:
- become better prepared to manage their finances independently after high school graduation,
- build a mentor/mentee relationship with a volunteer Coach,
- have an opportunity to earn college or career scholarship money, and
- build self-confidence and life skills.
Money Coach participants specifically agree to the following program requirements and will hold themselves accountable for each requirement in order to be awarded all or part of the scholarship award:
- Complete and return all forms and surveys by the stated deadlines.
- Open a savings account in your name within one month of the start of the program, if you don’t already have one.
- Successfully complete the Financial Goal Checklist.
- Create a savings goal and plan to accumulate funds to cover an expense related to a college or career.
- Work with a coach to discuss an important personal goal related to a college or career plan and develop a plan to achieve it.
- Track expenses, and create and follow a monthly budget.
- Responsibly manage a savings account.
- Actively participate in group financial education lessons about budgeting, saving, credit, post-high school choices, and other relevant topics.
- Work toward building a meaningful mentoring relationship with the One-on-One Coach.
The Money Coach Scholarship money is awarded based on the following criteria:
- Attendance: Students will be paid $20 per session that they attend (maximum of $120). Students will work to maintain perfect attendance, will be on time and stay for the entire session, and will actively participate. Students must communicate all absences with the Site Partner and their One-on-One Coach before the missed session.
- One-on-one: Students will be paid $20 per check-in (maximum of $100). Students must also schedule and attend a one-on-one check-in with their coach every other week to qualify for the payment. If a student is unable to make a check-in, they must contact their One-on-One Coach to reschedule.
- Benchmarks: Students will be paid per benchmark met (maximum of $130). Benchmarks must be completed and submitted by the due date in order to receive credit.
Absences and missed assignments: Students will be allowed only two missed sessions, assignments, or check-ins. At the third miss, the student may be removed from the program. Late assignments and check-ins may be accepted at the discretion of the Program Manager, but may not count toward the scholarship.
*SecureFutures makes all final decisions regarding the amount of scholarship money awarded to each participant.